Brief – America First Coast Travel
To use SEO strategies on newly updated website for America First Coast Travel to improve their organic listings and rankings for selected search terms. Ultimately to lead to more holiday enquires & newsletter sign-up’s.
At start of project had only 32 organic keywords optimised and just 5 pages shown on pages 3-5 and no organic keywords on Google page 1.
Completed an SEO audit which identified the main issues which required addressing. The following actions were then initially completed:-
- Changing the keyword optimised on each website page from an irrelevant low traffic keyphrase to a high traffic, relevant keyphrase.
- Briefing website designer on exactly what changes were required to url’s so the url matched the keyphrase being optimised on each individual website page
- Changing the SEO title tags to make them all unique
- Amending all meta descriptions on each individual website page to ensure the keyphrase on each website page was fully optimised
- Adding appropriate image alt tags to images on each page so they contained optimised keyphrase
- Improving key phrase density on each website page
- Adding relevant internal or external links on website pages
- Adding key phrase for each website page to h1 & h2
- Adding website to listings on relevant high ranking directories such as Yell.com
- Adding sitemap
- Suggesting gzip or deflate compression disabled on pages
Results After 4 months
1 keyword in top 3
5 keywords in top 10
6 keywords in top 20
102 keywords in top 50
81% increase in Google organic traffic